Below you will find:
- Terms and Conditions of the Erasmus+ Volunteering Awards
- Privacy Notice of the Erasmus+ Volunteering Awards
Terms and Conditions
- Only Erasmus+ volunteers who hold a valid EVS or Erasmus+ European Youth Card at the moment of entering the competition can participate in the competition.
- By submitting their entries and uploading their videos, participants agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.
- To enjoy the prize fully, participants should hold a valid European Youth Card for Erasmus+ volunteers at the moment of using the prize.
- Participants can submit entries until 23.59h on 25.03.2019.
- There is NO entry fee. Participation in the competition is free.
- Participation is limited to one entry per person.
- Entries have to be submitted online at volunteer-awards.eyca.org by filling in personal details (name, family name, nationality, country where the volunteering activity takes place, email address, contact telephone number, card number), uploading an approximately 60 second video, and a title for the video.
- The video shall showcase the value of being mobile and active as a volunteer with the Erasmus+ programme. The participant is solely responsible for the content of the video.
- Videos will be posted to the competition microsite only upon approval from EYCA.
- Only videos in English or with English subtitles will be eligible.
- Videos with inappropriate language and/or inappropriate content that promotes violence, undermines human dignity and the basic rights and freedoms of others are not admissible.
- EYCA shall, at its sole discretion, determine whether or not each entry complies with the above conditions and reject entries it deems not compliant at any time, without notice.
- If a contestant is found to have manipulated the competition in any way, EYCA reserves the right to eliminate said contestant from the competition.
- Winners will be chosen by the Jury, that will take into consideration the number of video Likes on the microsite of the competition as well as how creative and inspirational the video was. The participation in the competition cannot give rise to any legal claims or rights to compensation. Any legal action is excluded.
- Likes on the videos are to be given via Facebook. Only one “Like” per video is permitted per Facebook account. No personal information is recorded from this voting procedure.
- The eleven winners of the 2019 Eramus+ Volunteering Awards will be awarded a city break package including: transportation to and from the destination, accommodation for two people, and other benefits as stated in the microsite of the competition (volunteer-awards.eyca.org). Travel and health insurance is not included in the prize package.
- In case where two or more of the eleven winners choose the same destination for their prize, the situation will be settled as follows:
- The winner with the highest score received from the Jury is given priority when choosing the prize.
- If of the eleven winners, two or more receive the same score from the Jury, a draw will be made by EYCA giving one of the winners priority in choosing his/her prize. The other winner(s) will be automatically offered a choice between the remaining prize(s). In the situation where the volunteer in following positions in the score ranking decides against accepting the prize(s) offered, the prize(s) will be automatically offered to the next volunteer, ranked according to the score received from the Jury. The procedure will be repeated until all the prizes are awarded.
- The winners have one year from the date of announcing the winners to redeem the prize. The winners must inform EYCA about their travel dates 2 months in advance.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Winners will be announced on volunteer-awards.eyca.org by the end of April 2019. The winners will be contacted by e-mail by EYCA and put in contact with the EYCA member organisation offering the relevant prize for further arrangements of the trip.
- Winners agree to write a brief report and provide photos of their experience of enjoying the prize within one month of using it. These materials will be used in EYCA communications.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the 2018 European Youth Card Awards, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Disqualification and disclaimers
- EYCA reserves the right to disqualify any entry considered not to have followed and respected the conditions outlined above without any claim for compensation.
- In cases of suspected abuse, manipulation or any prohibited or unlawful use of the competition, participants concerned shall be immediately excluded from the competition without notice.
- Participants assume full responsibility for their entry.
- No responsibility will be taken for any damaged caused to participants due to unforeseen circumstances caused by third parties.
- EYCA reserves the right to amend the publicised conditions or to cancel the competition providing that amendment or cancellation is publicised in the same manner that the conditions of this competition are publicised.
This competition is organised by: EYCA – European Youth Card Association 7/11 Rue D’Alost, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
By registering to Erasmus+ Volunteering Awards you are being an important part of activities organised by controller, for which controller processes your personal data.
The controller of your personal data is the European Youth Card Association Euro<26, with the mailing address Centre Dansaert, 7/11 Rue d’Alost, 1000 Brussels, Belgium and with registered seat at Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Dutch Chamber of Commerce file no. 34142416; contact details are the following telephone: +32 288 06 843 or email at email@example.com (hereinafter as „EYCA“, „we“, „us“ and „our“)
Our Data Protection Officer is Steiner & Associates s.r.o., which is a law firm based in Slovakia, that has sufficient level of expertise and professional qualities in data protection area; mailing address Moyzesova 46, 040 01 Košice, Slovakia, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Data Protection Officer will manage your request and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
The purpose of processing of your personal data is to point out the value of the volunteer’s work, award the best recorded videos of volunteers participating in the competition, as well as promoting Erasmus+ volunteering projects to young people. Participant’s videos and photos will be used for promotion of Erasmus+ volunteering projects on the EYCA website, in newsletters, brochures and social networks promoting Erasmus+ volunteering projects.
We process your personal data on the ground of your consent. You are providing your consent by tickling the box at the end of your registration form to chosen event “I grant consent to my personal data processing”.
Personal data gathered by filling in registration form and further processed are your basic categories of personal data, e.g. your name, email address, telephone number, home country, the country where you volunteered, your volunteer card number, your European Solidarity Corps number as well as your Youtube video and pictures.
EYCA is entitled to provide your personal data to the third party. Third party to which we may provide your personal data, are:
- our Members – legal entities that are in partnership with EYCA on national level, providing European Youth Card in EU countries, EU Institutions
- web pages and social networks where we promote Erasmus+ volunteering projects – we use social networks that are popular among young people, such as Facebook.
- our web developer and IT service team.
Your personal data will be stored since their collection for period of one year. After that time we will use your personal data only for statistic purposes and we will take all necessary measures to ensure their protection, like pseudonymization of data.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
You have the following rights, under the regulation of the applicable legislation:
- right to withdraw your consent with personal data processing; withdrawal of your consent will not affect lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal,
- the right to request from the controller access to your personal data
- the right to rectification of personal data,
- right to erasure of personal data,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object processing of personal data.
- the right to data portability,
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, that will be the Dutch Data Protection Authority
Provision of your personal data is a necessary requirement for participation in the Erasmus+ Volunteering Awards.
We are not providing automated decision-making due to the selection process, however we automatically exclude applications that do not comply with basic requirements of terms (e.g. when participant does not have a valid Erasmus+ Volunteer Card).
In Brussels at 14 February 2019.
The Erasmus+ Volunteering Awards are powered by EYCA member organisations and their partners.