Terms and Conditions
- Only Erasmus+ volunteers who hold a valid EVS or Erasmus+ European Youth Card at the moment of entering the competition can participate in the competition.
- By submitting their entries and uploading their videos, participants agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.
- To enjoy the prize fully, participants should hold a valid European Youth Card for Erasmus+ volunteers at the moment of using the prize.
- Participants can submit entries until 23.59h on 07.05.2018.
- There is NO entry fee. Participation in the competition is free.
- Participation is limited to one entry per person.
- Entries have to be submitted online at volunteer-awards.eyca.org by filling in personal details (name, family name, nationality, country where the volunteering activity takes place, email address, contact telephone number, card number), uploading an approximately 60 second video, and a title for the video.
- The video shall showcase the value of being mobile and active as a volunteer with the Erasmus+ programme. The participant is solely responsible for the content of the video.
- Videos will be posted to the competition microsite only upon approval from EYCA.
- Only videos in English or with English subtitles will be eligible.
- Videos with inappropriate language and/or inappropriate content that promotes violence, undermines human dignity and the basic rights and freedoms of others are not admissible.
- EYCA shall, at its sole discretion, determine whether or not each entry complies with the above conditions and reject entries it deems not compliant at any time, without notice.
- If a contestant is found to have manipulated the competition in any way, EYCA reserves the right to eliminate said contestant from the competition.
- Winners will be chosen by the Jury, that will take into consideration the number of video Likes on the microsite of the competition as well as how creative and inspirational the video was. The participation in the competition cannot give rise to any legal claims or rights to compensation. Any legal action is excluded.
- Likes on the videos are to be given via Facebook. Only one “Like” per video is permitted per Facebook account. No personal information is recorded from this voting procedure.
- The ten winners of the 2018 EVS European Youth Card Awards will be awarded a city break package including: transportation to and from the destination, accommodation for two people, and other benefits as stated in the microsite of the competition (volunteer-awards.eyca.org). Travel and health insurance is not included in the prize package.
- In case where two or more of the ten winners choose the same destination for their prize, the situation will be settled as follows:
- The winner with the highest score received from the Jury is given priority when choosing the prize.
- If of the ten winners, two or more receive the same score from the Jury, a draw will be made by EYCA giving one of the winners priority in choosing his/her prize. The other winner(s) will be automatically offered a choice between the remaining prize(s). In the situation where the volunteer in following positions in the score ranking decides against accepting the prize(s) offered, the prize(s) will be automatically offered to the next volunteer, ranked according to the score received from the Jury. The procedure will be repeated until all the prizes are awarded.
- The winners have one year from the date of announcing the winners to redeem the price. The winners must inform EYCA about their travel dates 2 months in advance.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Winners will be announced on volunteer-awards.eyca.org from 5 to 31.05.2018. The winners will be contacted by e-mail by the EYCA and put in contact with the EYCA member organisation offering the relevant prize for further arrangements of the trip.
- Winners agree to write a brief report and provide photos of their experience of enjoying the prize within one month of using it. These materials will be used in EYCA communications.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the 2018 European Youth Card Awards, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Use of personal data and ownership rights
- Participants grant EYCA consent to use their personal data (name, family name, age, EVS sending and hosting countries), video, reports and pictures provided for the competition in EYCA communications (website, newsletter, Facebook, brochures and other online and printed publications) without claim for any compensation for the purpose of promoting the EVS Programme and the European Youth Card.
- Participants grant EYCA consent to use and disseminate their video in EYCA communications and among EYCA partners and EYCA member organisations.
- Personal data will be treated confidentially and in compliance with the respective legislation.
Disqualification and disclaimers
- EYCA reserves the right to disqualify any entry considered not to have followed and respected the conditions outlined above without any claim for compensation.
- In cases of suspected abuse, manipulation or any prohibited or unlawful use of the competition, participants concerned shall be immediately excluded from the competition without notice.
- Participants assume full responsibility for their entry.
- No responsibility will be taken for any damaged caused to participants due to unforeseen circumstances caused by third parties.
- EYCA reserves the right to amend the publicised conditions or to cancel the competition providing that amendment or cancellation is publicised in the same manner that the conditions of this competition are publicised.
This competition is organised by: EYCA – European Youth Card Association 7/11 Rue D’Alost, 1000 Brussels, Belgium